The International Feline Foundation (TIFF) is a nonprofit organization that supports research into feline health problems, as well as providing continuing education for the cat fancy. Since its inception in 1995, TIFF has awarded many thousands of dollars in research grants.
Currently, TIFF is focused on three projects:
- Developing continuing education courses/programs for the cat enthusiast, covering topics such as feline husbandry, anatomy, diseases, and genetics, as well as providing general information about feline health.
- The Jean Mill Feline Enthusiast Education Scholarship, which provides scholarships for anyone in our feline community to attend conferences and seminars that can improve and expand the value of purposefully bred felines, and then share that information with the rest of the community. This scholarship program was created by Judy Sugden, the daughter of Jean S. Mill. There are now six (6) $500 scholarships available for cat enthusiasts to attend conferences and seminars. Click here to find out more about this Scholarship program and how you can apply.
- Funding research into Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP), a common (and nearly always fatal) disease that affects cats from all backgrounds.There is currently no cure and no effective treatment for FIP; however, there are several promising approaches to the disease that merit further study. In order to find effective treatments for this insidious disease, those studies need funds. Our goal is to raise $10,000 in order to fund a $30,000 FIP research project. We already have $8,400 in donations for FIP Research, and are seeking an additional $10,000 from the general public and the cat fancy. TIFF will match up to $10,000 of those donations.
How You Can Help
- Spread the word that TIFF needs donations to fund the fight against FIP. Every “share”, tweet, “like” and post can help! To share, click one of the Share buttons in the right column.
- Donate: Every dollar counts! You can donate in memory of a beloved pet or person, in honor of a living cat or person, or just make a general donation. For details, see our Donate page.
- Share your story. If you’ve lost a beloved pet to FIP, you can tell their story and, if you want, share a photo.
- Volunteer: TIFF is entirely volunteer-run. Our volunteers fill many different roles, from administrative to scientific to marketing. For more about volunteer opportunities, visit our Volunteer page.
The International Feline Foundation is exempt from Federal Income Tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to the Foundation may be deductible for Federal income, gift and estate tax purposes.